Engineering Technician – Electrician
Mary Baldwin University is currently seeking an Electrician to join the Facilities
Department. This position will perform complex technical work, on a journeyman level,
in the installation, operation, maintenance, service and repair of electrical systems and
Primary responsibilities include:
- Performs installations, maintenance and service to the electrical systems in accordance with applicable Electrical Industry Codes.
- Inspects and tests elements of electrical systems to locate and diagnose faults and malfunctions, and performs required repairs.
- Interprets electrical wiring diagrams and schematics and determines methods and requirements for wiring circuits.
- Performs corrective and preventive maintenance through the work order system.
- Assists in operating the building automation system as required and assists in the maintenance and repair of other systems in relation to the electrical system.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of a certifying technical training program in electrical maintenance, or completion of an electrician’s apprenticeship, or significant work experience in electrical maintenance.
- Minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in the electrical trade.
- Working knowledge of National Electrical Codes for installation and maintenance of electrical systems.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required.
This is a full-time position with a benefits package included. Must pass a background check.
Interested applicants may submit a resume to Reggie Slaughter, AVP of Facilities and Capital Planning, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minorities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. For more information call 540-887-7209.