RN to BSN and RN to BSN to MSN New Student Page
Welcome to the MDCHS RN to BSN/RN to BSN to MSN New Student Page!
This page has been created to provide you with information and due dates to help you prepare to join us. We look forward to you joining us soon!
File your FAFSA – Deadline 30 days before start of classes
- Complete your FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov. The FAFSA School Code for Mary Baldwin is 003723. If you have any questions about the process, feel free to give Robin Dietrich, Director of Financial Aid a call at 540.887.7025 or 1.800.468.2262.
- Once Mary Baldwin receives your FAFSA information, we will provide you with an “award letter”, which gives you options for student loans if needed. You do not have to accept the award, or, accept the full amount.
- Why you may want to file a FAFSA if you are eligible for tuition reimbursement: If your employer offers tuition reimbursement, filing the FAFSA gives you flexibility, even if you do not pursue the loan at that time. Should your eligibility for the employer benefit change over the semester, having the filing in place allows you to secure the loan at a later date. This information cannot be provided retroactively.
- Accepted students are provided a Mary Baldwin University Personal Identification Number (PIN) and username in December. Reference that information while you complete the following steps:
- Access your Mary Baldwin email online at https://accounts.google.com.
- To log in, enter your Mary Baldwin username (the username on your PIN letter plus “@marybaldwin.edu”) and your PIN as your password.
- Click on the “Sign In” button.
- If you have a personal Gmail account, you may need to log out of that account before you can log in to your edu account.
All electronic correspondence from the college will be sent to your Mary Baldwin Mail address, so it is important to make a habit of checking your Mary Baldwin Mail on a regular basis. Mary Baldwin Mail uses the powerful Google Gmail engine. You can forward your Mary Baldwin Mail account to another account for your convenience.
- Mary Baldwin University’s online bookstore offers students the ability to order books in all formats available for that text (new, used, rent, e-book) at competitive prices. Books can be ordered at the Mary Baldwin Online Bookstore.
Schedules & Account Payable Information available in January
- Once you receive your Mary Baldwin email/password information, you can access your schedule and account payable information using the “myMBU” portal.
- New students will work with their Program Director to finalize their course selections – the Program Director will preregister all new students for their first term.
Classes start Monday, January 6, 2020!