- WHO: Mary Baldwin University, Students In Free Enterprise (SIFE)
- WHAT: Teach a Child About Business Fair
- WHERE: Student Activities Center on Mary Baldwin campus, top of Kable Street
- WHEN: Wednesday, Feb. 28, from 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- WHY: Local businesses will provide children in grades three through five the opportunity to learn the basics of business.
This fair is sponsored by Mary Baldwin’s Students In Free Enterprise (SIFE). For more information, contact Ashley Adams at 887-4300.
Mary Baldwin University is a multi-faceted liberal arts college in Staunton, Virginia, with three residential programs for women – the traditional program, the Program for the Exceptionally Gifted, and the Virginia Women’s Institute for Leadership – as well as coeducational, non-residential Adult Degree and master’s programs. Mary Baldwin offers the B.A. and/or the B.S. in 32 majors, the Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) with K-8 emphasis, the Master of Letters (M.Litt.) in Shakespeare and Renaissance Literature in Performance, and post-graduate teaching licensure (PGTL). The oldest women’s college affiliated with the Presbyterian Church U.S.A., Mary Baldwin was founded in 1842 and is also the first women’s college to be granted a circle of the national leadership honor society Omicron Delta Kappa. It is one of only 262 colleges and universities to house a chapter of the prestigious Phi Beta Kappa honor society.