Mary Baldwin University will recognize six faculty and staff members who have worked a collective 132 years to the college. Among them is President Cynthia H. Tyson, who is stepping down after a record 18 years in the position. She will honor her colleagues at a reception Wednesday, April 30, from 4 to 5:30 p.m. at her campus residence, 240 Kable St.
- Kathleen Stinehart, dean for academic outreach, who has overseen the growing Baldwin Online and Adult Programs for nearly a decade.
- Doris Swadley, switchboard operator and security dispatcher who came to the college part time in 1993 and has worked full time since 1996.
- Dorothy Becks, housekeeper for the President’s House since 1979.
- Jim Jackson, campus security officer with 34 years of service.
- Bonnie Hohn, associate professor of biology, who joined the college in 1966 and will continue to teach one of the most popular courses on campus, Biology of Women.