Graduates in Mary Baldwin University’s Class of 2009 were greeted by a warm spring Commencement morning May 24, the humid air punctuated again and again with proud shouts and applause. When it wrapped up more than 330 undergraduate and graduate degrees had been conferred, including the college’s largest graduating class, 51, of Master of Arts in Teaching students. Watch the slideshow for images that capture the spirit of celebration on Page Terrace during Mary Baldwin’s 167th Commencement. Check back for additional pictures!
Commencement award winners:
- Louise McNamee ’70,Algernon Sydney Sullivan Non-Student Award, honorary doctorate of humane letters
- Robyn Stegman ’09,Algernon Sydney Sullivan Student Award and Mary Keith Fitzroy Award
- Devon Burke ’09,
Martha Stackhouse Grafton Award
- Crystal France ’09,Baldwin Online and Adult Programs Outstanding Student
- Amanda Fertile ’09,Master of Arts in Teaching Outstanding Student
- Robert Jones ’09,MLitt/MFA Ariel Award
More information about awards given at Mary Baldwin’s Commencement: go.marybaldwin.edu/news
Read remarks by Commencement speaker Karen Sherman , executive director for global programs at Women for Women international.
Read profiles of several 2009 Mary Baldwin graduates on Mary Baldwin News.
Local news coverage of Commencement 2009: