Mary Baldwin University has tapped Tracy Gary — an heiress to the Pillsbury fortune who has given away millions of dollars to changemaking charities — as keynote speaker for 2010 Commencement.
As co-founder of the organization Inspired Legacies, Gary also has helped connect women of all ages and from all levels of economic achievement to transform from obligatory to inspired givers.
“Early on in my twenties … with over $1 million in inheritance to pay forward to my community and to reinvest, I saw that the greatest impact I might have would be to engage donors through donor education about money, money management, and their philanthropic leadership,” Gary wrote in her book Inspired Philanthropy: Creating a Giving Plan and Leaving a Legacy.
Mary Baldwin 168th Commencement will begin at 10 a.m. May 23 on Page Terrace in front of Grafton Library.
Selected Commencement Weekend Events
For a complete list of scheduled events, visit go.marybaldwin.edu/commencement
Saturday, May 22
- 10 a.m., Beta Beta Beta Honor Society Induction, Spencer Center for Civic and Global Engagement
- 11 a.m., VWIL Commissioning Ceremony, Page Terrace
- 12:30 p.m., Ajani Ceremony, Rose Terrace Lawn
- 2 p.m., VWIL Change of Command Review, Upper Athletic Field
- 5 p.m., Phi Beta Kappa Induction and Reception, Francis Auditorium