Nursing/Business Administration (MSN/MBA)
Pursue a leadership position with our dual-degree program.
Our MSN/MBA program is designed for nurses pursuing a leadership position at the executive level. This program provides graduates with an advanced skill set in business management and healthcare leadership. Earning the MSN/MBA dual degree will prepare graduates to make the critical decisions to ensure quality and safe care delivery to individuals, populations, and communities in a variety of healthcare delivery systems.
- Time to finish
- 5 years
- In Person & Online (BA), Fully Online (MBA)
- Master of Science in Nursing / Master of Business Administration (MSN/MBA)
The goals of this program in keeping with the mission of Mary Baldwin University and the Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences, are to:
- Provide appropriate learning opportunities for students to acquire the effective leadership skills necessary for leading change to improve quality outcomes.
- Provide a learning environment with a solid base in the sciences and humanities that fosters ethical analysis and advanced clinical reasoning with a commitment to lifelong learning.
- Prepare graduates to build and lead collaborative interprofessional care teams that influence healthcare outcomes.
- Prepare graduates to integrate patient-centered care with evidence-based practice across the healthcare system.
- Support students in obtaining the knowledge and skills for designing, implementing, and evaluating innovative nursing practices that foster safety and excellence in healthcare delivery.
Expected Student Outcomes
Graduates of this program will be prepared to:
- Integrate scientific findings from nursing, biopsychosocial fields, genetics, public health, quality improvement, informatics, and organizational sciences into the delivery of advanced nursing care to diverse populations.
- Apply organizational and systems leadership in developing effective working relationships and making ethical and critical decisions to promote quality and safe care.
- Lead evidence-based and interprofessional approaches for the design, delivery, management, and evaluation of culturally sensitive, patient-centered care to individuals, families, communities, and populations.
- Work as a change agent to resolve practice problems through the application and dissemination of research outcomes.
- Intervene at the system level to develop and implement policies and employ advocacy strategies that influence health and health care.
- Utilize epidemiologic, social, and environmental data of patient populations to promote and preserve health and healthy lifestyles.
This program’s innovative 48-credit curriculum will provide the nurse leader with a higher-level perspective on health care system operations and effective business strategies.
- NUR 501 Organizational & Systems Leadership – 3 credits
- NUR 502 Theoretical Foundations for Advanced Nursing Practice – 3 credits
- NUR 503 Managing Health Outcomes through Informatics – 3 credits
- NUR 504 Policy, Ethics & Legal Perspectives – 3 credits
- NUR 505 Population Health & Interprofessional Collaboration – 3 credits
- NUR 601 Practicum/Role of the Nurse Executive – 3 credits
- NUR 610 Quality Improvement – 3 credits
- BUAD 502 The Business of Healthcare – 3 credits
- BUAD 560 Managerial Accounting & Finance – 3 credits
- BUAD 561 Entrepreneurial Leadership & Strategies in Healthcare – 3 credits
- BUAD 562 Medical Innovation & Project Management – 3 credits
- BUAD 563 Marketing & Branding in Healthcare – 3 credits
- BUAD 564 Human Capital Management in Healthcare – 3 credits
- BUAD 660 Strategic Planning & Process Improvement – 3 credits
Cross-Listed Courses Between MSN and MBA
- NUR 701 APEX Project – 6 credits
Cost & Financial Aid
We work hard to make an MBU education one of the most affordable in the country. 95% percent of MBU students receive scholarship awards or financial aid. And MBU helps you get your degree faster by maximizing transfer credits and translating relevant work and life experiences into course credits. A great education is worth it. Let us help you bring your aspirations to life.