Applying to Study Education

Are you applying as an undergraduate student? 

Undergraduate students apply to Mary Baldwin first. Then you can declare an education major. You will need a GPA of 2.5 or better in current coursework.

Virginia Teaching Endorsement Options for Undergraduate Students

Are you applying as a graduate student? 

Find the degree that best meets your need: 

Licenses Available per Program

Licenses / Endorsements PBTLMATMEd
Elementary Education PK-6xxx
Special Education General Curriculumxxx
Add-On Special Ed: General Curriculum 6-12xxx
Add-On Special Ed: General Curriculum 6-8xxx
Add-On Special Ed: General Curriculum K-6xxx
Middle Education: History & Social Sciencexx
Middle Education: Language Artsxx
Middle Education: Mathematicsxx
Middle Education: Sciencexx
Secondary Biologyx
Secondary Chemistryx
Secondary Englishxx
Secondary History & Social Sciencesxx
Secondary Mathematicsxx
English as a Second Languagexxx
Gifted Educationx
Reading Specialistx
Visual Arts PK-12x
Non-Endorsement Options – 100% Online
Authentic Learning and Leadershipx
Autism Spectrum Disordersx

Are you planning on attending as a non-degree-seeking student?  

We offer a number of non-degree options as well, including certificates and additional licenses in: 

Requirements for pursuing an additional endorsement:

Transfer Credit Policy

Mary Baldwin accepts up to six graduate-level transfer credits only if ALL the following conditions are met:

Find your level-up at MBU.
Connect with an Admissions Counselor.