Early College Admissions
You are on to great things. You are up for a challenge. You are ready to ask difficult questions and propose new solutions. Early College at Mary Baldwin University is tailor-made for you.
What is early college?
Early College is a coed program that offers the opportunity for bright 16- and 17-year-old students to skip their final years of high school and immerse themselves in college at MBU.
At MBU, education is a vibrant journey that knows no bounds. Our distinguished professors are experts in their fields and are passionate about guiding students like you. Prepare to embark on a thrilling academic adventure with classmates from diverse backgrounds, including fellow accelerated students, traditional-age college students, and mature adults. With an average class size of just 17 students, you’ll experience a rich tapestry of knowledge and perspectives.
Why choose MBU for your college degree?
- Research Opportunities: Collaborate directly with professors on cutting-edge research projects related to your major. Gain valuable hands-on experience that sets you apart.
- Building Your Resume: Amplify your credentials by engaging in internships, campus jobs, and service projects. We prioritize your professional development and provide ample opportunities to enhance your skills.
- Explore the World: Immerse yourself in different cultures through our study abroad programs. Gain a global perspective that will give you a competitive edge in the international job market.
- Showcase Your Talents: Present your work at prestigious professional conferences and our renowned MBU Capstone Festival. Celebrate your achievements and share your insights with a wider audience.
Experience the MBU Way of Life!
As an Early College student at MBU, you’ll fully integrate into our vibrant campus community. Join your peers in residence life and make lifelong connections. Most Early College students choose to reside in our traditional residence halls, fostering a sense of camaraderie and belonging. Female Early College students under 18 also have the option to live in our fully supervised residence hall for the Program for the Exceptionally Gifted (PEG).
Immerse yourself in an unparalleled college experience:
- Leadership Opportunities: Take the reins in our Student Government Association and shape campus life. Make a difference and develop crucial leadership skills.
- Athletic Excellence: Compete on our NCAA Division III athletics teams and showcase your sporting talents. Embrace the thrill of competition and be part of our winning tradition.
- Embrace Traditions: Engage in beloved MBU traditions like Apple Day, Spring Fling, Junior Dads and Family, and more. Create lasting memories and celebrate special moments together.
- Thrive in Community: Join our esteemed honor societies, student clubs, and club sports. Find your niche, form lifelong friendships, and pursue your passions.
At MBU, education is an all-encompassing journey that empowers you to thrive academically, personally, and professionally. Embrace the possibilities and unlock your potential at our institution.