Kinesiology (Exercise Science or Health Sciences) Faculty Member
Assistant/Associate Professor Mary Baldwin University – Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences
Summary of Position:
Mary Baldwin University in Staunton, VA has an open faculty position in the Kinesiology Department. This position is full-time, renewable, 12-month faculty position at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor.
Responsibilities include teaching Introduction to Health Professions, Research Methods, Senior Capstone and other kinesiology and health science coursework at the undergraduate level according to areas of expertise and department needs, advising Exercise Science and Health Sciences majors and coordinating senior research projects across the department. This position may also work with students in graduate health sciences programs (Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Physician Assistant) at the University’s Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences Fishersville, VA campus providing lab support for the graduate human anatomy and neuroanatomy courses. The Anatomy teaching laboratory, part of a state-of-the-art health sciences facility that opened in June 2014, has excellent resources for dissection, demonstration, and electronic learning. Scholarship and participation in university, community, and professional service is required.
Attracting Top Students and Ensuring a Professional Qualifications:Quality Student Experience
- Master’s degree in Exercise Science or Health Science or other related field required. Doctorate preferred.
- Credentials and clinical experience as a healthcare professional preferred.
- Experience with or understanding of online educational learning and teaching including use of learning technologies preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent written, verbal, and listening communication skills with ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with a wide variety of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Commitment to the University and College Mission, Vision, and Values
The Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences:
Mary Baldwin University has an historic mission in the liberal arts and sciences and ethos of leadership and service. Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences is comprised of undergraduate programs in Exercise Science and Health Sciences, and Healthcare Administration, professional programs including Doctor of Occupational Therapy, Master of Science in Physician Assistant, Master of Health Administration, RN-BSN completion, and several Doctor of Nursing Practice tracks. MDCHS emphasizes superior education in a people-centered environment. MDCHS has a strong commitment to interprofessional education across the programs.
Emphasis on Diversity: Mary Baldwin University seeks and encourages applications from members of groups underrepresented in higher education and with academic experience with diverse student bodies. Above all, we seek candidates eager to embrace and empower an ethic of equity, diversity, and inclusivity.
To Apply: Send the following information to Search Committee Chair, C/O Ms. Barrie Holt at HS-Apply@marybaldwin.edu:
- Letter of application addressing qualifications, personal characteristics, and responsibilities
- Curriculum Vitae
- Names and contact information for three references (include e-mail addresses)
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Projected start date is August 2024.