Mary Baldwin University is a welcoming and inclusive community that values diversity. We’re committed to providing our international students with a high-quality education and a supportive environment in which to learn and grow.
Our Commitment to International Students
We offer a variety of support services to help international students succeed, including:
- F-1 visa assistance
- Academic and career advising
- Tutoring in all subjects
- Special activities and excursions
- Mary Baldwin Global Ambassadors
We encourage our international students to get involved in campus life and the local community. We offer a variety of student clubs and organizations, music ensembles, theatre productions, events, and more!
Why Choose Mary Baldwin University?
- We’re located in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley in Staunton, Virginia. Staunton is a vibrant city with a rich history and culture. It is also about 2.5 hours by car from Washington, D.C.
- We offer a wide variety of majors and minors, so you can find an educational path that fits your interests.
- Our small class sizes allow you to get to know your professors and classmates well.
- We have a beautiful, safe campus located in a charming town.
- We offer an affordable, high-quality education.
How to Apply
- Application deadline – April 1
- Enrollment deadline – May 1
- Send official transcripts from all secondary and post-secondary institutions.
- Attach a certified English translation if the documents are in a language other than English. International students must have transcripts evaluated by an accredited evaluation agency such as World Education Services Inc. if transcripts are not in English.
- Provide proof of English language proficiency with minimum scores below (submit a score for one of the following)
- TOEFL – Test of English as a Foreign Language (internet-based 78)
- IELTS – Intensive English Language Testing System (6.5)
- SAT or ACT (860/ 17)
- Provide a letter of recommendation.
- Provide a personal statement.
Exchange International Students
Mary Baldwin University has formed partnerships with prominent international colleges and universities to foster exchange opportunities and intercultural learning. If you’re a student at one of our exchange partnership institutions, follow the same guidelines as above, except a letter of recommendation and personal statement are not required.
What happens after I apply?
You’ll receive an enrollment decision within three weeks after the admissions office has received your completed application. Once you’ve been admitted and made the decision to attend, you’ll need to do the following to finalize your acceptance:
- Pay your enrollment deposit of $300
- File for I-20 (Those who don’t have an F-1 Visa)
- Submit a copy of your passport.
- Submit a certified bank statement from the last six months to show your ability to pay the remaining balance.
- Submit a completed copy of the International Applicant Immigration Form.