Advising at Mary Baldwin
Next level advising
At Mary Baldwin, we take advising to the next level. Our team is full of committed and passionate professionals who want to see you succeed academically, professionally, and personally.
We start with a holistic approach — getting to know you, your identity, your interests, and your values. Then we work from an appreciative advising framework, helping you fully realize the confidence you rightly deserve to have in yourself and your capabilities.
Advising is not just for selecting courses and staying on track to graduate. We help you see your full potential and design a plan to achieve it. This comes from a trusting rapport built over time. That’s why Mary Baldwin has twice the number of advisors as similarly sized schools. We build in the time to really know you and maintain a meaningful relationship with you.
Connect with an advisor
Mary Baldwin University provides multiple options for connecting with an advisor:
- Scheduled appointments
- Over the phone
- Via Zoom
- Drop-in quick appointments (usually about 10-15 mins)
- Via Zoom
Our advisors are prepared to talk with you about:
- Navigating the college experience
- Tying your academics to your personal and professional goals
- Course planning and sequencing
- Improving time management and study skills
- Balancing college and other parts of your life
- Connecting with other support resources such as tutoring, personal counseling, and disability resources
- Transferring in credits
Reach out today.