Murphy Deming Student Services
Our office works with faculty, staff, and student leaders at Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences in Fishersville to ensure that all students receive a high-quality student life experience and support for their well-being, development, engagement, and success. We establish and maintain quality standards and cultivate a welcoming environment which aligns with the university’s mission.
100 Baldwin Blvd
Fishersville, VA 22939
Director of Student Services:
- Faculty Office Hours: Meeting with the instructor should be your first step in obtaining assistance if you do not understand course content. They are here to help.
- The A-Team: Students are invited to participate in this study group opportunity at the beginning of each semester. Teams meet weekly and support each others’ academic success. Contact Simone McKelvey, Director of Student Services for more information.
- Tutoring: Peer tutoring is provided to students after Program Director approval. If you are concerned about your academic performance, please contact your program leadership.
Health and Wellness
Health and Wellness
- Wellness Wednesdays: Monthly opportunity to take a deeper look at a topic selected by Christine Flory, medical health/wellness navigator, and Simone McKelvey, director of student services. Snacks provided.
- Student Assistance Program: All Murphy Deming students and their families have access to three free mental health support meetings. Appointments can be made with Augusta Behavioral Health providers by calling 540-213-2525. Once you identify yourself as a Mary Baldwin Murphy Deming student, you can schedule a time. Please accept the earliest initial appointment even if it is during class. If you are given an appointment more than one-week in the future, please contact the Director of Student Services.
- Student Health Center: All Murphy Deming students are required to have medical insurance. You are encouraged to establish care with a local primary physician. You may also visit the Health Clinic on the Staunton campus on the lower level of Blakely House, if needed. (Call 540-887-7095 for an appointment.)
In order to use the parking lot at Mary Baldwin University’s Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences, you must have a permit. If you change vehicles, please complete the Parking Form below to receive a new permit.
Make sure that you’ve submitted an emergency contact form to allow us to connect with your best point of contact. (Please make sure you sign the form.)
All forms should be emailed to Simone McKelvey, firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are unable to access these forms, please contact her.
Please contact the MBU IT HelpDesk for password and/or login-related issues at 540-887-7075.
All other IT concerns are directed to Tyler Matherly, MDCHS OIT support, at 540-887-4045; MDCHSOIT@marybaldwin.edu.
Find contact info and resources for Financial Aid, Student Accounts, Grafton Library and research support, Accessibility Services, and more.
Handbook and Policies
Handbook and Murphy Deming Policies
The student handbook and Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences policies are available in PolicyStat. Remember to familiarize yourself with the policies which govern your time at Mary Baldwin University.