Each month, MBU’s medical/health and wellness navigator Christine Flory will share events, insights, and strategies on a variety of health-related topics with faculty and staff.
See below for the latest health and wellness news, and reach out to Christine at x7167 or email@example.com.
You can also follow MBU health and wellness on Instagram.
Additional info is available on the MBU health and wellness website, plus recordings of Wellness Wednesday sessions and all-levels yoga classes.
WebMD Program: Rethink Your Drink
How it works
During Rethink Your Drink, track your water intake for 21 of 28 days between May 31 and June 27, 2023.
Drink six or more glasses for 14 days and you’ll earn 100 points towards your Q2 wellness incentive and enjoy better well-being!
Just record your progress on www.webmdhealth.com/vpc
Log all your quarterly wellness incentives by following these easy steps:
- Visit this link: https://webmdhealth.com/VPC/
- Hover over 3 horizontal lines in the top right-hand corner
- Click on REWARDS under the three lines
- Scroll to view all the ways to earn
- Click on a category to view options to earn
- Click on report completion to earn
- Your points earned should be updated under Q2 incentives
Wellness Events at Murphy Deming
June 7, Noon to 1 p.m.
Wellness Wednesday Mental Health Roundtable Discussion
June 22, 6 to 8 p.m.
MBU’s lower athletic field, main campus in Staunton
First Annual Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences Kickball Tournament
Anthem EAP Webinars
To view a seminar on demand, go to anthemeap.com and enter your company code: MBU
You’ll find a link to these and other seminars on the homepage.
View the seminars on demand — anytime, anywhere. Submit a question and receive a response via email. Questions are logged in an FAQ section, so you can browse and learn from the questions of others.
- Topic: Diversity in the Workplace
- Link to view: https://bli-meetings.webex.com/bli-meetings/lsr.php?RCID=4e039a16056efe786b593624eb0ff3cb
- Topic: Grief, Dying, and Death
- Link to view: https://bli-meetings.webex.com/recordingservice/sites/bli-meetings/recording/playback/2942f7cab530103bbebf4ea6c8958aa0
- Topic: Mental Health Impacts
- Link to view: https://bli-meetings.webex.com/recordingservice/sites/bli-meetings/recording/playback/87ec082dcb30103b9df6eaeb89a82647
Upcoming June webinar:
- Topic: Menopause
- Date/Time: June 6, 2023 at noon
- ID: ATHM104811
- Webinar Information:
- Attendee Link: Here
- Number: +1-408-418-9388
Free Yoga Fridays with Christine: For Faculty, Staff, and Students
We meet virtually via Zoom, every Friday from noon to 12:45 p.m. ALL LEVELS welcome.
- Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82419489182?pwd=VjFFZ1VOZ3lRWWxXUUtDNFAxdk5JQT09
Required: Sign up to join live! https://forms.gle/6hhoZBKXu9XjuqDs8
Must have a minimum of 5 participants to hold live class. I’ll still send a recording out weekly if minimums are not met.
- Find Wellness Wednesday and all levels yoga class recordings on the MBU wellness page.