Director of Clinical Education Entry Level OTD Program
Mary Baldwin University is a private institution in Staunton, Virginia, with an over 180 year history of quality educational programs. Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences was founded in 2014. The entry-level Doctor of Occupational Therapy (OTD) program is fully-accredited and the dynamic faculty teaches within a unique interprofessional curriculum. We invite individuals with exceptional skills and experience in occupational therapy practice, teaching, and administration to apply for full-time faculty position as Director of Clinical Education.
Summary of the Position
The Director of Clinical Education (DCE) will report to the Director of the Occupational Therapy program and will have an integral role in the program, including administration and expansion of the fieldwork education components as well as the ACOTE accreditation process. Responsibilities include fostering existing partner relationships, developing new potential sites for fieldwork education, and supporting students and fieldwork educators during fieldwork experiences. Additional responsibilities include advising students’ doctoral capstone experiences, teaching courses within the interprofessional curriculum, scholarship, and service.
Successful candidates will possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Earned doctoral degree from an accredited educational program or verified completion of doctoral degree by employment start date.
- Licensed or eligible for OT licensure in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- A minimum of 3 years clinical experience as an occupational therapist
- Experience as a fieldwork educator/ supervisor
- Strong organizational, communication, decision-making, teamwork, & leadership skills
- Preferred: past teaching experience, mental health or pediatric practice experience
The Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences
Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences offers excellent healthcare education in a people-centered environment. A state of the art health sciences campus is located within the medical corridor of Augusta County, Virginia and includes high-tech classrooms and research spaces, extensive learning laboratory spaces, and a simulation center.
Send the following information to Ms. Barrie Holt at HS-Apply@marybaldwin.edu :
- Letter of application addressing qualifications, personal characteristics, and responsibilities
- Curriculum Vitae
- Names and contact information for three references (include e-mail addresses)
To assure earliest consideration please submit materials by January 29, 2024. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Projected start date is anticipated for Summer 2024.
Mary Baldwin University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ Equal Access Employer and especially encourages applications from minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.