The MBU Office of the University Registrar is here to help you register for classes, request your official transcripts, and obtain information on your academic progress. We also maintain academic policies, procedures, and records.
Wenger Hall, 3rd floor, main Staunton campus
P.O. Box 1500
Staunton, VA 24402
Looking for student forms? Check “My Academics” on MyMBU
You can register for courses in three ways:
- Register online through MyMBU.
- Advisors can register you in their offices.
- Email the Office of the University Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Include your MBU ID# and advisor/instructor approvals.
- To request a replacement or copy diploma, fill out the request form.
- Replacement diplomas use your current legal name. Check your current name on file through myMBU or email email@example.com.
- If you need to update your legal name, email firstname.lastname@example.org before filling out the request form.
- Only one original diploma can exist at a time. If requesting a replacement, the original diploma must be destroyed, and you can provide a photo as proof. You can request a duplicate diploma instead, which includes the word “Copy” in discreet writing.
- Replacement diplomas read “Mary Baldwin University”.
- Orders for replacement diplomas are placed monthly.
Online Ordering through Parchment:
- Use Parchment to order an official transcript for electronic or paper delivery. Ordering through Parchment allows you to pay with a credit card and offers the fastest turnaround time.
- Transcripts requested through Parchment are usually processed within 1 to 3 business days.
- Students who attended before September of 1990 may order an official transcript through Parchment for paper delivery only.
- Visit the Office of the University Registrar during business hours on the third floor of Wenger Hall.
- Pay with cash, check, or money order. Credit cards are not accepted.
- Use the transcript request form and mail it with a check or money order.
- Turnaround time for mail requests is 7 to 10 business days.
All your attempted academic work at Mary Baldwin (undergraduate and graduate) is included on your MBU transcript. Check your unofficial transcript on MyMBU for final grades or degree before ordering an official transcript. Fax or email requests are not accepted.
If you previously earned credit at Mary Baldwin, MBU academic programs can obtain your MBU record for your new admission at no cost to you. You do not need to order your MBU transcript to send it to an MBU program.
If you are a current Mary Baldwin student, you may receive a transcript used to apply for a scholarship at no charge. You must order by mail or in person; please do not order your transcript for a scholarship through Parchment, as you will be charged a fee.
Electronic transcripts have a blue ribbon on Adobe Reader or as a pop-up screen. Printed transcripts on security paper can be mailed. Unofficial transcripts are available to current students and since 2007 on MyMBU for free. They are considered unofficial.
Policies and Agreements
Students attending, or who have attended, Mary Baldwin University are given certain rights under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
Mary Baldwin University participates in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA). NC-SARA established the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) in 2013 to help expand students’ access to educational opportunities and ensure more efficient, consistent, and effective regulation of distance education programs.