Each month, MBU’s medical/health and wellness navigator Christine Flory will share events, insights, and strategies on a variety of health-related topics with faculty and staff.
See below for the latest health and wellness news, and reach out to Christine at x7167 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional info is available on the MBU health and wellness website. You can also find recordings of Wellness Wednesday sessions and all-levels yoga classes on the site.
Have questions about your retirement accounts and financial planning?
Advisors from Millennium Advisory Services, Inc. are available to meet on campus May 1 and 2. They can address items including:
- Answering questions about the Mary Baldwin retirement plan
- Recent market volatility
- Providing financial advice to help achieve short-term goals and retirement goals
- Offering holistic financial planning
Every MBU employee has the opportunity to participate in financial planning sessions and receive a customized financial plan illustrating your goals. If you have a spouse or significant other, they are encouraged and welcome to attend as well.
These planning sessions will help answer questions like:
- What changes should I consider making to my retirement plan based on my retirement goals?
- Am I saving enough to meet my retirement goals?
- Is my current investment strategy appropriate given what I am trying to accomplish?
Click below to schedule your appointment, or you can reach Millennium’s Scheduling Team at email@example.com or 877-435-2489 (select option 1).
Upcoming wellness events at Murphy Deming
There are two events coming up in May and June at Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences in Fishersville. Hope to see you there!
- “Walk It Off”: 12-12:30 p.m. on May 10; meet in the lobby
- Wellness Wednesday Mental Health Round Table Discussion: 12-1 p.m. on June 7; Room 156
Sign up for a WebMD account
Set up your account
Your WebMD account is where you log and earn your quarterly wellness incentive (you must be benefits-eligible to qualify).
- Find instructions for setting up your WebMD account at www.webmdhealth.com/vpc and click on “Create Account” to register.
- Your registration ID is your date of birth in MMDDYYYY format followed by the last 6 digits of your social security number.
If you need assistance with your WebMD account, please reach out to their support line at 866-513-2505.
Also you can watch this video for how to set up your account and navigate the WebMD portal.
Get the app
There is also an app called “Wellness at Your Side.” You can log your participation here as well, and view your wellness portal.
Download the app below (the code is VPC):
Log your wellness incentive
Log your quarterly wellness incentives by following these easy steps.
- Hover over 3 horizontal lines in the top right-hand corner
- Click on “rewards” under the three lines
- Scroll to view all the ways to earn
- Click on a category to view options to earn
- Click on report completion to earn
- Your points earned should be updated under Q2 incentives
Questions? Contact Wellness Coordinator, Christine Flory at firstname.lastname@example.org
WebMD programs and challenges
Intercollegiate Invitational: Runs through May 10
What is The Invitational?
Physical fitness is important to one’s well-being. One way to improve your physical fitness is to keep active. The Invitational is a weekly team-based competition designed to help you improve your physical fitness, specifically the number of steps you take on a daily basis, while having fun.
You will be part of a five-person team that competes against a new team each week for five consecutive weeks. The team with the most steps each week is the weekly winner.
Go here to register: webmdhealth.com/VPC
Anthem EAP webinars
To view a seminar on demand, go to anthemeap.com and enter your company code: MBU You’ll find a link to these and other seminars on the homepage.
View the seminars on demand — anytime, anywhere. Submit a question and receive a response via email. Questions are logged in a FAQ section, so you can browse and learn from the questions of others.
- March recording: Diversity in the Workplace
- April recording: Grief, Dying and Death
- May seminar: Mental Health Impacts
- Time: May 2 at 12 p.m.
- ID: ATHM104810
- Attendee Link: Here
- Audio conference: To receive a call back, provide your phone number when you join the event, or call the number below and enter the access code. United States Toll: +1-408-418-9388; Webinar Access Code: xwWMNdhJ229
Update: Free Yoga Fridays with Christine
Free Yoga Fridays meet virtually via Zoom from 12 to 12:45 p.m. every week.
Required: Sign up to join live!
Must have a minimum of 5 participants to hold live class. Will still send a recording out weekly if minimums are not met.
Use the following link every week! These sessions will be recorded and shared with the MBU community. ALL LEVELS welcome.
Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82419489182?pwd=VjFFZ1VOZ3lRWWxXUUtDNFAxdk5JQT09