CARES Act Compliance Reporting
Section 18004(e) of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (“CARES Act” or the “Act”)), Pub. L. No. 116-136, 134 Stat. 281 (March 27, 2020), directs institutions receiving funds under Section 18004 of the Act to submit (in a time and manner required by the Secretary) a report to the Secretary describing the use of funds distributed from the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (“HEERF”).
In compliance with this requirement, Mary Baldwin University reports the following:
- An acknowledgment that the institution signed and returned to the Department the Certification and Agreement and the assurance that the institution has used, or intends to use, no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
Mary Baldwin University has signed and returned the required Certification and Agreement to the Department.
- The total amount of funds that the institution will receive or has received from the Department pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement [for] Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
Mary Baldwin University received $560,343.
- The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of the date of submission.
As of 5/14/20, Mary Baldwin University has not disbursed any funds to students. We are in the process of disbursing funds.
- The estimated total number of students at the institution eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
Mary Baldwin University has 1,036 eligible students.
- The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
As of 5/14/20, Mary Baldwin University has not disbursed any funds to students.
- The method(s) used by the institution to determine which students receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants and how much they would receive under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
As of 5/14/20, Mary Baldwin in in process of determining disbursement methodology.
- Any instructions, directions, or guidance provided by the institution to students concerning the Emergency Financial Aid Grants.
Inquiries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.